Orange County Beckman Legacy Award
The registration application for the 2021-2022 program is currently closed.
Beckman Legacy Development
Who does this Program Serve: This Program aims to serve High School Seniors in the local Orange Country area.
Purpose and Outcome: The purpose(s) of the Beckman Legacy Program are:
- To help educate our local community about Dr. Beckman and his scientific innovations
- Expose high school students to mentor-based instruction
- Provide an opportunity for high school students to experience a STEM based project
- Provide funding for students to obtain higher education
- Must be a High School Senior taking a science class (cannot be enrolled in a non-credit science elective course)
- Must be enrolled at an Orange County High School at time of application submittal
- Cumulative weighted GPA of 3.5, minimum
- Parental Consent
- Must be a United States citizen or permanent resident
- Commitment of a Mentor (high school science teacher)
- Plans to attend a non-profit, four year US Institution